Monday, November 21, 2005

Take Your Penn and Write to NPR!

Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller) read his "This I Believe" essay on NPR this morning. It was excellent; a perfect statement of strong atheism, but one that a weak atheist or agnostic can also fully endorse and agree with.

The transcript (and audio) can be found at http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5015557.

I will write a message of praise to NPR later today, as soon as I have some time to compose something concise and coherent. I urge everyone to do the same. I am sure NPR will get all kinds of hate mail due to Penn's essay. They should also hear from people who are not sick in their heads!

Sven

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent a comment to "This I believe". I hope they didn't get too much hate mail.

In my comment I mentioned that Pen's essay reminded me to look for rainbow and of importance of love in my life.

Ralph Dumain said...

Penn Jillette is a disgusting human being, a right-winger who should shout "Bullshit!" at himself. Why should he be supported in any way?

Don Wharton said...

@Ralph, it a a mistake to say "Penn Jillette is a disgusting human being." This is an ad hominem attack on the person which does nothing to enlighten our audience. It might be correct to report that you have a subjective feeling. I might not agree with Penn on ideology, as do you, but he does do an excellent job in showing how some nonsense is nonsense.