It's easy to prove to yourself that God is imaginary. The evidence is all around you. Here are 50 simple proofs:
- Try praying
- Statistically analyze prayer
- Look at all historical gods
- Think about science
- Read the Bible
- Ponder God's plan
- Understand religious delusion
- Think about Near Death Experiences
- Understand ambiguity
- Watch the offering plate
- Notice that there is no scientific evidence
- See the magic
- Take a look at slavery
- Examine Jesus' miracles
- Examine Jesus' resurrection
- Contemplate the contradictions
- Think about Leprechauns
- Imagine heaven
- Notice that you ignore Jesus
- Notice your church
- Understand Jesus' core message
- Count all the people God wants to murder
- Listen to the Doxology
- Ask why religion causes so many problems
- Understand evolution and abiogenesis
- Notice that the Bible's author is not "all-knowing"
- Think about life after death
- Notice how many gods you reject
- Think about communion
- Examine God's sexism
- Understand that religion is superstition
- Talk to a theologian
- Contemplate the crucifixion
- Examine your health insurance policy
- Notice Jesus' myopia
- Realize that God is impossible
- Think about DNA
- Contemplate the divorce rate among Christians
- Realize that Jesus was a jerk
- Understand Christian motivations
- Flip a coin
- Listen when "God talks"
- Realize that a "hidden God" is impossible
- Think about a Christian housewife
- Consider Noah's Ark
- Ponder Pascal's Wager
- Contemplate Creation
- Compare prayer to a lucky horseshoe
- Look at who speaks for God
- Ask Jesus to appear
Watch the video
If you look in the Torah/Old Testament, there are an amazing number of people that God wants his followers to murder. For example, in Exodus 35:2 God lays down this commandment:
- For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
Then look at Deut 21:18-21. It says:
- If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death. So you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel will hear, and be afraid.
Then there is Leviticus 20:13:
- If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.
- If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.
In other words, if we actually listened to what God says, we would need to kill at least half of the people in America tomorrow. After all, Isaiah 40:8 says, "The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand for ever." The word of the Lord tells us to kill half of the U.S. population.
There are two things in this that show you that God is imaginary. First there is the utter stupidity of these verses. Second, there is this fact: If God is an all-powerful being, he would kill them himself. There would be no need for people to do the murdering. These people would already be dead, and Wal-Mart would be closed on the Sabbath through lack of employees.
Notice that believers completely ignore these parts of the Bible. That is because they know that the verses are insane. By acknowledging that their God is insane, they prove that their God is imaginary.