I'm no puzzle master, but I had a stray thought that it might be fun to create one with secular humanist terms and topics in mind. You'll find it below with the clues below that. I note that Secular is a frequent crossword puzzle clue, but I haven't used it in this puzzle. The LA Times apparently keeps track of such things and notes that puzzle clues of the word secular include:
- Not of the cloth
- Not of the clergy
- Of the flock
- Not clerical
- Like some church matters
- Flock member
- Concerning the congregation
Recent usage in crossword puzzles:
- USA Today - March 31, 2011
- USA Today - March 11, 2011
- LA Times - March 2, 2011
- LA Times Sunday Calendar - Dec. 5, 2010
- New York Times - Nov. 8, 2010 etc.
4. American educator, philosopher, psychologist and author or Humanist Manifesto I
7. ? vs intelligent design
8. Formulated as “any rational person would bet on the existence of God by believing in him since there is no cost with a losing bet and an infinite reward with a winning bet.”
9. Free-Will versus ?
10. Church associated with Pastafarians
14. Claim of Sam Harris – Morality is?
17. You and maybe me?
19. A philosophical stance that offers a solution to the free will vs. determinism debate.
20. Mythical powerful being starring in ancient, popular, some say (Good) book
21. Jefferson for one
24. Inventor or memes and much more
25. Famous, mild agnostic American writer on slavery and tomfoolery in general.
26. Often opposed to reasonDown