The misdirected tendency of Congress and the Trump administration to prioritize parochial ideology over universal evidence may be stronger than any government we have had in the past century. We may not be able to stop them, but we can say we asked our own representatives to oppose that agenda. After reading their contents I think you will agree that the following seven emails to your Congressional lawmakers sponsored by the Secular Coalition for America are thoughtful and appropriate.
- Oppose Betsy DeVos for Department of Education.
- Oppose Rep. Tom Price for Department of Health and Human Resources.
- Oppose Scott Pruitt for Head of Environmental Protection Agency.
- Oppose Ben Carson for Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Keep churches from becoming Super PACS!. On their first day of work, tell your members of Congress to keep religion out of government by protecting the Johnson amendment.
- Urge your Member of Congress to Block Legalized Discrimination! The First Amendment Defense Act would legalize religious discrimination against same-sex couples. Urge your member of Congress to block legalized discrimination!
- Tell Congress: Hands off the DC Death with Dignity Act Tell Congress not to block the DC Death with Dignity Act. DC residents deserve the right to make end of choices according to their own conscience.